Here are several important actions managers can take to build loyalty and help retain your employees and workforce talent
The ability to engage and retain your workforce has many business benefits, including:
- Improved Customer Service
- Higher Productivity
- Employee Input/Ideas
- Improved Communication
- Better Teamwork/Collaboration
- Greater Employee Satisfaction
- Better Product/Service Quality
- Improved Retention/Lower Absenteeism
- Increased Profits
Here are six key steps you and your managers can take now to improve employee retention (without pay increases)
- Show Appreciation: Recognize employee effort and achievement. Everyone wants to feel valued and appreciated and a show of thanks and acknowledgement for something he or she has done well makes a big difference.
- Understand and Support Employee Needs: Use simple conversations to frequently talk with employees to discuss their interests and goals. Everyone is unique in their needs and goals and your ability as a manager to understand and support their objectives can have tremendous influence on their loyalty and retention.
- Improve the Employee Experience: There are many ways a manager can help improve the employee experience. Through conversations you can understand employee needs and then take agreed to actions that enable the employee to build a more rewarding experience- this could be working with their strengths, pursuing their interests (ie more challenging projects, interactions with customers, flexibility in scheduling their task…)
- Improve their Working Conditions: Simple improvements in work areas can help employees feel better about their career jobs. Improving things like work hour flexibility, working from home arrangements, the lighting where they work, reducing noise distractions and safety issues, a new computer or desk….all contribute to improved employee satisfaction.
- Better Communication: All employees need to be clear on their goals and priorities. They also need open, transparent and interactive conversations with managers when needed to discuss concerns and challenges. This increases trust and builds stronger working relationships.
- Career Growth and Development: Help employees learn new skills and knowledge. This could be cross training on other jobs, special projects… and creates more interest in their work, helps their company with their experience and knowledge and builds confidence in their employer.
Let us help you improve the employee experience and retention!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Leave A Comment